Hello friends, today in this post, we will learn about Essay on Savitribai Phule. Savitribai Phule was born on January 3, 1831. His mother’s name was Lakshmi, and his father’s name was Khandoji Navase. Savitri Bai Phule married Jyotiba Phule in 1840.
Savitribai Phule lives in the memory of education because Savitribai Phule was a woman who fought for women’s education and worked to educate women. Savitribai Phule was a poet, teacher, and social reformer. You can read and write Savitribai Phule Nibandh given below. So let’s get started.
Essay on Savitribai Phule
10 Lines on Savitribai Phule
- Savitribai Phule was married in 1840 at the age of 9. She and her husband opened 18 schools for girls, and the first girl’s school was opened in 1848 in Pune, Maharashtra.
- In January 1853, Savitribai set up an anti-infanticide homestay for pregnant women. And Savitribai is also called the first leader of the movement.
- At that time, girls were not allowed to read and write outside the house; at that time, Savitribai opened a school for girls.
- When he opened the school, he faced many difficulties; people used to throw stones at him and even throw dirt on him.
- Savitribai Phule was also a poetess, considered a pioneer of modern Marathi poetry.
- Savitribai, along with her husband Jyotiba Phule, fought against the evils of untouchability, sati, child marriage and widowhood in the 19th century.
- Savitribai flowers liberated women and men from their inertia and stupidity.
- Savitribai and her husband Jyotiba had laid a solid foundation for the ever-evolving and feminist ideology in the world.
- One hundred and fifty years ago, Jyotiba Phule and Savitribai Phule had raised their voices against caste, inequality, superstition, exploitation, Brahmanism and so on.
- Her contribution to women’s education was great. Women were targeted, and she raised her voice against those who spoke against her. One of the most notable movements was the barber strike, during which she raised her voice against widows.
- Savitribai is also known for her efforts to educate women from Dalit castes. Savitribai’s mentor and supporter was her husband, Jyotibafule.
Short Essay on Savitribai Phule
Savitribai Phule became the first rebellious woman reformer in modern Maharashtra. His birth etc. S. Born in 1831. She was married to the famous social reformer Jotirao Phule. Jotirao taught them, and Savitribai’s thoughts were rebellious. So she joined Jotirao’s work.
Initially, Savitribai organized a turmeric ceremony. On that occasion, he tried to bring together women of all castes. Etc. S. In 1848, Jotirao started the first girls’ school in India. She started teaching in that school. At that time, there was strong opposition from society to educate women. They teach women, so people throw stones and dung at them. Slandered them. Yet they did not waver.
Savitribai was a writer and poet. He wrote books like ‘Kavyaphule’, ‘Jotibanchi Bhashane’ etc. Even after Jotirao’s death, he continued his work with vigor. Etc. S. In 1896, there was a famine in Pune. During that famine and later with the plague, he served the sick. At the same time, plague infection, etc. S. He died in 1897.
Short Essay on Savitribai Phule 100 Words
Savitribai was born at Naigaon in Khandala taluka of Satara district. She got married to Jotirao Phule at a very young age. Jotirao taught them to read and write.
Savitribai was the first teacher, and he taught girls in a school in Pune. But people didn’t like it then.
People stoned them. Still, she is not afraid. Savitribai always said that if a man learns, he alone becomes wise, but the whole family becomes wise if a woman learns. So, women, girls should learn.
Even after Jotirao’s death, he went to the villages and served the plague patients. Eventually, they too were struck by the plague and died.
His fame and work are very great.
Essay on Savitribai Phule 200 Words
January 3 is celebrated as ‘Balika Din’, the birthday of Savitribai Phule, who revolutionized women’s history, laid the foundation for women’s education, and was honored as the first female teacher in India.
Savitribai Phule was married in 1840. She was illiterate at the time. Her husband, Jyotiba Phule, knew the importance of education. Jyotiba herself taught Savitribai to read and write. Women considered learning a great sin in those days, But the stubborn, determined Savitribai learned by breaking the old tradition.
Mahatma Phule and Savitribai Phule, S. In 1848, he started the first school for girls in Pune and made a new history. The people strongly opposed his revolutionary decision, But Savitribai did not waver. People were stoned while teaching the girls; people threw dung on their bodies. Yet he did not give up. Savitribai did not beg for the threats of Sanatan.
On May 15, 1848, the Phule couple reached the next stage of the revolution by setting up a school for the children of Harijans in Pune. Savitribai flowers supported the poor and weak, agricultural laborers, orphans, and widows. Created consciousness in the lives of the neglected. He raised his voice against child marriage. Launched Child Murder Prevention Home. Opposed widow’s haircut.
Savitribai Phulya adopted a son named ‘Yashwant’ born to a widow. This great woman told all women, ‘Be literate, be fearless’.
Essay on Savitribai Phule 300 words
Dnyanjyoti Savitribai Phule was the first female teacher and social worker in India. He was born on January 3, 1831, in Naigaon village in Satara district. At the age of nine, she married Jotirao Phule.
Savitribai got a well-educated, socialist, philanthropic, and understanding husband among Jotirao Phule. Bad practices like child marriage, sati, caste discrimination, superstition, etc., were prevalent in society at that time. To overcome this, Jotirao decided to awaken society. For this, he first dared to teach Savitribai. On January 1, 1847, Jyotirao started the first school for girls at Bhidewada in Pune. Savitribai was honored as the first teacher of this school.
Savitribai had to face many difficulties while working to better women in society. People threw stones and mud on their bodies while walking on the road, but they did not waver. He continued his education, and he made women educated and cultured. Despite all the opposition from the working class, she was educated and became a headmistress.
It is necessary to work in other social fields to spread education. He recognized the need to build confidence in women. At that time, Jyotirao started a child murder prevention house against the injustice being done to widows, and pregnant women in the society, and Savitribai effectively ran it. He worked tirelessly to eliminate inequality in society. Savitribai limited her work to education and did valuable work for the poor untouchable community to stop the killing of widows and children. On February 12, 1852, Major Candy, a British officer, praised his work.
Savitribai spread her ideas in society by composing poems like ‘Kavyaphule’, ‘Bavannakashi’, ‘Subodh Ratnakar’. Savitribai, popularly known as Krantijyoti, worked tirelessly to put men to shame on her husband’s shoulders.
Jyotiba breathed her last in 1890. Even after Jyotiba passed away, Savitribai did not lose patience. He continued his social service career. In 1897, plague surrounded Pune, and while serving the patients in it, he was afflicted with this disease. Finally, Jnanjyoti Savitribai passed away on March 10, 1897.
Savitribai Phule Essay Information
Savitribai Phule (1831 to 1897)
- Born on 3rd January 1831 at Naigaon (Tal. Khandala, Dist. Satara).
- Savitribai worked as a teacher in a school for girls started by Mahatma Phule in Pune. She was the first female teacher in Maharashtra and the first headmistress in India.
- Savitribai presented the idea of social awakening through her collection of poems’ Kavyaphule’, ‘Bavannakashi’, ‘Subodh Ratnakar’.
- After the demise of Mahatma Phule, he took over the reins of the Satyashodhak Samaj and established an organization for widow remarriage.
- He brought women together with programs like Haldi-Kunku, Chahapan.
- Died: On March 10, 1897, Krantijyoti passed away due to a plague while caring for a plague patient.
- Savitribai Phule showed the light of knowledge to the women-Shudras who were enraged in the darkness of ignorance.
- Savitribai is hailed as the first pioneer of Maharashtra’s women’s liberation movement.
- January 3, Savitribai Phule’s birthday is celebrated in the state as ‘Women’s Liberation Day.
- Savitrijyoti: Marathi series on the couple Mahatma Phule and Mata Savitribai Phule. (January 2020 ‘Sony Marathi’). Role of Jyotiba: Omkar Govardhan. Role of Savitribai: Ashwini Kasar.
Today in this post, you got information about the Essay on Savitribai Phule. We have learned this Krantijyoti Savitribai Phule essay in 100, 200, and 300 words. If you have any doubts about this post and website, you can let us know by commenting in the comment box. And don’t forget to share this post.