Essay On A Visit to a Place of Pilgrimage
My family and I went to visit Varanasi at the time of a solar eclipse. All the members of my family were there. We reached Varanasi after a long journey by train. We saw a big crowd of pilgrims on the bathing ghats. About one million people were there.
As soon as the solar eclipse was seen, people jumped into the sacred Ganga for their ritual bath. They bathed and pray their prayers. They came out and wore new clothes. People had to wait patiently for their turn to bathe.
On the banks of the river there were many Sadhus or holy men. They were engrossed in meditation. The noise and shouts of the people were not heard by them. Some foreigners were moving about taking photographs of the whole scene.
When we finished our bath and prayers, we went into the narrow streets of the city. All the way to the temple there were beggars. They lined both sides of the streets. People gave them money or rice. Pilgrims entered the temples. They rang the temple bells as they went in. We too entered the temple and sounded the bell. We felt calm and peaceful in that holy place. Visiting Varanasi, a place of pilgrimage was an interesting experience.
- Essay On A Visit to a Public Library
- Essay On A Visit to a Temple
- Essay On Visit to a Railway Station
- Essay On A Visit to a Store
- Essay On A Visit to a Village
- Essay On A Visit to abs Supermarket
- Essay On A Visit to a Flood-Affected Area
- Essay On A Visit to a Fair
- Essay On A Visit to a Factory
- Essay On A Visit to a Cinema