Essay On A Visit to the Docks
My uncle was to return to India after a stay of five years in the U.S.A. We were very excited at the thought that he was returning home. We all went down to Mumbai docks to welcome him back home.
We rose early and hurried to the docks. We had bought eight reserved passes to go on the ship. We impatiently awaited the arrival of the ship. At last the ship arrived at the harbour. All the passengers were looking out off and leaning on the rails. It was a fine and very big ship.
Soon we were allowed to go on the ship. My uncle gave us a warm welcome. He took us round the ship. We spent time doing this, while the passengers went through the custom inspection and got ready to alight. The ship was like a huge floating palace. It was a luxury ship. It had all the conveniences and comforts you could think of. Every cabin was airconditioned. Each cabin had a TV set, a phone and other comforts. There were computers too. The ship had a beautiful swimming pool and provision for all kinds of games. The people on the ship must have had a wonderful time travelling on it.
One by one the passengers came out. They had to go through the customs. This was a long and tedious process. Customs took some hours. We got tired of waiting. At last my uncle was allowed to come out. We got into our car and returned home. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the docks.
- Essay On A Visit To My Native Place
- Essay On A Visit to a Village Fair
- Essay On A Visit to a Hill Station
- Essay On A Visit to a Historical City
- Essay On A Visit to A Historical Place
- Essay On A Visit to Market
- Essay On A Visit to a Photographer’s Studio
- Essay On A Visit to a Place of Pilgrimage
- Essay On A Visit to a Public Library
- Essay On A Visit to a Temple