Essay On A Visit to an Earthquake-Affected Area
We visited Koynanagar soon after the earthquake had taken place there. We were shocked to see how much destruction the earthquake had caused. Most houses had crumbled and fallen. A road had been cut in two. There was a large crack in the middle of the road. One part of the road was on a higher level and the other on a lower level. No traffic or people could go along that road.
We became perplexed to see the condition of the poor people in that area. Some people had lost almost all the members of their families. They were homeless and had no one to care for them. Many people lay crushed under the falling buildings. The fire brigade and rescue squads kept digging for days to unearth those who had fallen under the debris of fallen buildings. Surprisingly enough, a small baby was found still alive under a mound of fallen earth. She was very lucky indeed!
The government organized relief operations to look after the affected people. Shelter and food were given to them. They all looked so shocked and helpless to lose their loved ones and all their belongings. Earthquake is a cruel blow a glimpse of nature’s fury. Man is helpless when he has to face such a natural calamity.
- Essay On A Visit to an Aerodrome
- Essay On A Wedding
- Essay On A visit to the Taj Mahal
- Essay On A Visit to the Seaside
- Essay On A Visit to the Docks
- Essay On A Visit To My Native Place
- Essay On A Visit to a Village Fair
- Essay On A Visit to a Hill Station
- Essay On A Visit to a Historical City
- Essay On A Visit to A Historical Place