Essay On Effect of Crime Stories
Detective stories tend to glorify crime. Murderers, gangsters and crooks are always shown as tough, cunning and courageous. Movies are greatly responsible for making many people take to the path of crime by making crimes look attractive.
The police are shown as stupid and slow and evil characters shine by contrast. Many bank robberies and museum thefts of valuables articles were planned and executed after picking up tips from movies and crime thrillers.
Newspapers give graphic details of a murder or suicide, with the details of drugs and methods used by the killers on the victims. This practice should be discouraged. The media has a moral duty towards its public. Giving attractive headlines, or publishing false information to create an alarm among its readers, should be curbed. Yellow journalism will never appeal to the baser instincts of people.
Text books are there to nurture values among the young minds. It is surprising that even after spending a lot of money, energy and intelligence, the choice of lessons is SO poor, For example, the villain is presented as an attractive character, casual, brave, smart and successful with women. It is true that he finally gets caught. The whole lesson will deal with glorifying the quick success of an immoral character. The events and situation will impress the readers and they might conclude that the life of crime is worth risking. Terrorists grow in our thoughts with a ‘haloof glory, as we are unable to stop their mindless killings. Is glorifying crimes not a crime?
- Essay On Family Planning
- Essay On Factors Leading Pressure To Natural Resources
- Essay On Factors Affecting The Location Of Industries
- Essay On Experience is The Best Teacher
- Essay On Eradicator Of Slavery In America – Abraham Lincoln
- Essay On Environmental Pollution
- Essay On Environmental Hazards on Human Health
- Essay On Emperor Akbar And His Nine Gems
- Essay On Effect of Prayer
- Essay On Edwin Lutyens And Rashtrapati Bhavan