Essay On Disabled Children
The disabled child is posing a great problem to the world. It is calculated that by the year 2020 there will be more than 700 million disabled people. Presently, more than 125 million disabled children belong to the developing countries.
The most prevalent forms of disability are physical impairment, chronic illness, mental retardation and sensory disabilities. Recognizing this. Global problem, the General Assembly of the United Nations had declared 1981 as the International Year of the Disabled Persons, with the keynote theme “full participation and equality.” Its resolution lay down five principal objectives for improving the conditions of the disabled:
(1) Helping in their physical and psychological adjustment to their surroundings
(2) To provide proper training and assistance to get jobs
(3) Encouraging study and research projects to help them
(4) Educating and informing the public of the rights of disabled persons, and
(5) Promoting effective measures for prevention of disability
Every citizen should be aware of the sad plight of the disabled children. Much can be done as regards prevention, protection, immunization etc.. Immunization camps should be organized, parents should be made aware that inadequate nutrition may cause disability and the involvement of the general public in the remedial work and rehabilitation can help to do fruitful work in this field.
Individuals can show care for the disabled children by spending some time with them. It is a great thing to bring some light to their dark world. Reading aloud to children in a blind school, contacting the mothers of the physically handicapped and helping them can be very useful. Every area can organize a special play-group and other children should accept their disabled friends and play with them. Prevention and protection from disability can reduce suffering.
- Essay On Dreams
- Essay On Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Essay On Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
- Essay On Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- Essay On Drug Abuse
- Essay On Drugs And Crime
- Essay On Dusshera
- Essay On Duties of Students in India
- Essay On Domestic Violence And Its Preventive Measures
- Essay On Doyen Of Hindi Literature – Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan