Essay On A Visit to a Historical City
We had heard a lot about the Dassera celebration in Mysore (Karnataka). So last October we visited Mysore during the Dassera season.
Dussehra is celebrated in a grand way in Mysore. The celebration lasts for ten days. Everyday there are colourful processions. Many gaily decorated elephants take part in the procession. We watched these processions with great interest.
We went round the city and saw all the places worth visiting. We saw the palaces of the Maharajas. We were reminded of the past glory of Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan who had boldly defied and fought against the British. The present Maharaja has a very fine collection of vintage cars. Some of them are very old models indeed! Mysore has a number of zoos. We visited all the zoos and saw a collection of rare and strange animals and birds.
We next paid a visit to the Vrindavan gardens. The gardens present a beautiful sight. There are not only lovely flowers and ferns in these gardens but also many fountains that throw up their cool water. The sight of the gardens is best enjoyed at night. Then multi-coloured lights are reflected on the water in the fountains. We were lost in admiration of the beautiful scene. We shall never forget the joy we experienced when we visited these gardens.
Mysore is a place well-worth visiting and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.
- Essay On A Visit to A Historical Place
- Essay On A Visit to Market
- Essay On A Visit to a Photographer’s Studio
- Essay On A Visit to a Place of Pilgrimage
- Essay On A Visit to a Public Library
- Essay On A Visit to a Temple
- Essay On Visit to a Railway Station
- Essay On A Visit to a Store
- Essay On A Visit to a Village
- Essay On A Visit to abs Supermarket